Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Kopenhagen Coffee @ Vista Kiara, Mont Kiara

Hope everyone is having a cozy Wednesday afternoon, at least I know I am.

As I'm having time off now for a week, got a chance to explore another cafe on my to visit list. It has been awhile since having a write up just like this, and hopefully there are people still reading this. If you are, do let me know if you like it, and I should do more, and also let me know how I can improve.

I've heard a lot and also seen a lot about Kopenhagen Coffee on social media. This place seems very instaworthy as seen from the pictures tagged and no doubt, it is indeed instaworthy.

Though reading Foursquare and the reviews on the Facebook page may seem a little not convincing, I would suggest you guys to head there on a weekday afternoon. Perhaps then, you would not need to face any parking issues, service issues or any problem getting a table there.

Kopenhagen Coffee brands themselves as a minimalist Scandinavian cafe which serves coffee, tea, and Scandinavian confectionery.  

It is located on the first floor and you would have to climb up the stairs on the right side of the building to get there. Once you get in, you are greeted by the friendly barista at the barista counter. You would have to place an order at the counter and they will send the food and coffee to you after that.

As I was here on a weekday afternoon, it was not crowded at all which was nice to get some work done and also freely take my pictures without any other human in the background. I had no trouble in getting any parking as well and the staff were friendly. Another plus point of this place is there are multiple plug points and there is good wifi, which makes this cafe work-friendly. (Psst, now you know where to go to curi ayam


Flat White (RM11) - the cup is bigger than it looks, haha. Love the tableware so much and I think they pretty much use cups like this for all their coffee. It's very.... English. My cup of coffee was decent and I have no complaints about it.


Scrambled Eggs, Fresh Tomatoes, Spring Onions with Sourdough Bread (RM14) - Well, the staff told me that they ran out of sourdough bread so they gave me the choice of replacing it with croissant or bagel, and if you know how much I love croissant, I went with the croissant. The scrambled eggs were fluffly and some how the combination of onions and tomatoes went really well. Would say that the portion was pretty decent as well. Would come back to try this the next time with sourdough instead!


The barista area. Behind the barista area was the famed couch instagram spot but I couldn't get a picture as some other people were seated in that area.

To be honest, from the photos seen on the internet, I expected the cafe to be a little bigger though. Would not recommend you to head to this place on weekends as seats are pretty limited. (Maybe about 10 tables?)


Perhaps, the service charge and the GST is already included in the food and drinks amount but the bill came up to RM25 nett, which I feel that it is quite standard and affordable. Would definitely come back here again to try other things on their menu.


Last but not least, the parking area outside Kopenhagen Coffee. Parking is free. Apparently you are supposed to register with the guards but I guess during my visit it was raining quite heavily so there were no guards around to make a fuss.

To make your directions easier, Kopenhagen Coffee is located opposite Garden International School.

Kopenhagen Coffee
Vista Kiara, Jalan Kiara 3,
Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.

Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday - 7:00am - 7:00pm
Weekends - 9:00am - 7:00pm

Website: http://www.kopenhagencoffee.com/
Instagram: @kopenhagencoffee
Phone Number: 03-62116363

No comments:

Post a Comment